Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pilot Entry

Hello everyone!  This is my first time in the blogging community as an active blogger.  I will be talking about anything and everything on my page, but I will also take suggestions.  Anyway, I grew up in Prophetstown, IL, which is about an hour east of the Quad Cities.  I saw my first tornado when I was 7, and it was a couple miles away from our house in the country.  It was a textbook rope tornado, and it just stayed in corn fields.  Even though it did not last very long, it was still pretty neat to see it take shape.  I guess you could say that is what sparked my interest in Meteorology, and in 2011, I graduated from NIU with my degree.  Now, I am in the job hunt, along with thousands of other graduates.  Currently, I am employed with Veolia and Rockford Charter Coach, and I drive buses for both.  During the summer months, I usually try to get out and do some storm chasing, and I was fortunate enough to get paid to storm chase last year and this year.  Not too shabby!!  Here are a couple pictures from this year's festivities.  These were taken near Santa Rosa, NM, on June 7 around between 9:15 PM and 9:30 PM.



3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!! Post lots of your storm photos here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Justin! Nice blog, buddy! Your pictures always give me goose bumps!

    You might want to add to this a way a person can follow you via their email. I'll talk to you at work some time. See ya in a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete